A sunny day this February in California’s Central Valley will predict the future for the state’s almond crop – and, in turn, perhaps the future of American agriculture. That’s the day when almond growers will know if the honeybees will be returning to their hives. Read More
- Whole foods are rich in phytochemicals-powerful nutrients found in plant foods.
- Whole foods contain more vitamins and minerals than processed foods.
- More fiber and beneficial fats are found in whole foods.
- The combination of nutrients in whole foods act synergistically to protect us from disease. Read More
Today's Daily Health Tip
How Healthy Is Fruit Juice?
by Hiyaguha Cohen
Often when it comes to a healthy diet, the nutrients we consume through liquids get overlooked. This week, for our featured healthy ingredient, we’re taking a deeper look at fruit juices. Are they really healthy alternatives to just eating fruit? Let’s find out... Read More
Here is today's Daily Health Tip you requested! If you'd like to forward this email, unsubscribe, or manage your subscription, click here.
This week’s healthy ingredient, alpha-carotene, is a flavonoid-rich antioxidant abundantly present in dark green, and particularly, in yellow-orange vegetables and fruits. In the spectrum wars, the color orange wins this battle by a long shot. Although dark green vegetables do contain far more alpha-carotene than cucumbers or celery, for instance, or coffee cake, for that matter, the orange vegetables absolutely burst with it. A cup of canned pumpkin, for instance, contains 11 mg of alpha-carotene; a cup of cooked carrots contains 5.9 mg; whereas a cup of frozen collards, cooked, yields .2 mg. Among fruits, tangerines are the alpha-carotene kings.
Strengthen Immune System Through Massage
Five things you’ll like about Sherwood’s instant smoothies. Read More
In the nutrition industry, we have to be mindful of the words that we use and how they are applied to day-to-day contact. Oftentimes terms we use are not obvious to “normal people”. Today we are going to talk in plain English about a definition of what EXACTLY are whole foods. Read More
- Protein, Fats and Carbs OH MY
- The birds and the bees but bees especially
- The reveiws are coming in.
- Just a few Whole Plant Foods Facts
- Clean it Up
- Whole Food Juice Sources are the Best
- Longer, Healthier Life...OK.
- 5 thing you'll like about Sherwood's instant smoothies
- FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT
- Whole Food. What Does That Mean?